The Museum of Polimje Montenegro in cooperation with the Regional Development Agency for Bjelasica, Komovi and Prokletije, the Regional Council of Shkoder and EuroPartners Development performed initial field activities inContinue
- Museum of Polimje Montenegro
- Regional Development Agency for Bjelasica, Komovi and Prokletije
- Regional Council of Shkoder
- EuroPartners Development
Total EU grant: 345.600,00 €
Total project value: 406.878,88 €
Project duration: 24 months
Expected results of the project:
- Preservation and sustainable exploitation of the cultural heritage in terms of tourism ensured;
- Access to local culture for tourism purposes and for local population facilitated;
- Knowledge and awareness of the cultural heritage in cross-border area increased.
- Home and business owners in targeted area;
- Local governments in targeted municipalities;
- Population of rural communities in targeted area focused on local adults and schoolchildren.
- Municipalities of Berane, Petnjica, Andrijevica, Plav and Gusinje, Montenegro;
- Shkodra region, Albania.
Impact of the project
Preserved cultural landscapes will improve and further commercialize touristic offer, which is of utmost importance to local population, education of it as well as economic prosperity in both countries. Also, through the project, local governments will enhance their capacities concerning the practical measures that they can make in order to preserve cultural heritage of the region reflected in architecture.