The project Augmenting Cooperation – From Christian Antiquities Towards Enhanced Tourism continued with quality results in the CBC area. Namely, the second press conference of the project was held onContinue
- Diocese of Budimlje and Nikšić Serbian Orthodox Church
- Museum of Polimje Montenegro
- Albania Community Assist
- Institute of Archaeology, Centre for Albanian Studies
Total EU grant: 491,985.98 €
Total project value: 578,807.04 €
Project duration: 36 months
Expected results of the project:
- New (unutilized) archaeological (cultural) sites of the cross-border area excavated conserved and valorized for tourist use;
- Cross-border cooperation in field of archaeology and cultural heritage enhanced;
- Newly discovered archaeological sites (participating sites) promoted for tourism use.
- Tourism service providers local and international;
- Cultural and religious institutions;
- Archaeology and history experts;
- Municipality of Berane, Montenegro;
- Shkodra region, Hoti in Kastrat, Malesia e Madhe, Albania.
Impact of the project
The objective of the action aims to enhance cross border linkages both in geographical (Albania-Montenegro) and sectoral approach (Culture, tourism and archaeological science). It also aims at integrating preservation of cultural heritage and its utilization for tourism industry and developing tourism potential of the area through joint promotion and valorisation of the Christian archaeological heritage.